September 2019 International Trade Compliance Update.
Legal News & Analysis - Asia Pacific - International Trade
20 September, 2019
Welcome to the September 2019 edition of Baker McKenzie's International Trade Compliance Update.
This issue's highlights:
- UN: UN Security Council resolutions
- WTO: DSB activities, TBT Notifications
- WCO: Harmonized System Committee draft Agenda, WCO news
- US: Presidential documents; national emergencies; sec. 301 tariff updates, exclusion information and increase in existing sec. 301 tariffs; Venezuelan sanction updates; requests for WTO compliance on China and Russia; USITC duty suspension rules update; import restrictions on Moroccan and Algerian cultural property; removal of Auto Products Trade Act regulations; CBP proposal on trade mark information; customs brokers exam and rules for verification of importer identity; CBP modifications of post-summary corrections; sec. 321 test; COBRA fees for FY 2020; Federal Register documents; CBP final determination of origin in government procurement case; revocations/modifications of CBP rulings; CSMS messages; FTZs; Munitions List modifications; sanctions updates for Iran, Chinese companies and chemical warfare; OFAC, BIS, State restrictive measures; CPSC documents; TTB document; FDA documents; Agriculture rules; government procurement ban on certain telecoms; Australia added to WTO GPA list; Commerce scope rulings and anti-circumvention determinations; currency manipulation effect on CVD cases; Sec. 337 actions; antidumping, countervailing duty and safeguards cases
- Australia: Customs notices, Australian Gazette publications; antidumping and countervailing duty cases
- China: Additional tariffs against US goods, antidumping and countervailing duty cases
- India: Open consultations; CBIC and DGFT notifications, circulars, etc.; antidumping and countervailing duty cases
- Indonesia: administrative sanctions for customs breaches, bonded zones changes
- Japan: Removal of S. Korea from export control "White Countries List"
- Malaysia: Revamp of Customs Act
- Singapore: Notices and circulars
- Vietnam: Antidumping case
Please click here for the full report.
For further information, please contact:
Stuart P. Seidel, Baker & McKenzie