Asia Employment, Pensions And Incentives Update January 2020.
Legal News & Analysis - Asia Pacific - Labour & Employment
15 January, 2020
Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month looks at:
- a recent case in the Singapore High Court that looks at the difference between employees and independent contractors;
- the proposed changes to the maternity leave entitlements in Hong Kong, including increasing leave from 10 to 14 weeks;
- various amendments to Vietnam’s labour code that will come into force on 1 January 2021;
- the effect of the increase in the number of public holidays in China for 2020, on salary calculations; and
- a comparison between how courts view restraint of trade clauses in Hong Kong, Japan and Indonesia.
Finally, for readers in Singapore, we will be hosting a breakfast seminar on 12 February, giving an overview of PRC employment laws. To register, please click here.
For further information, please contact:
Fatim Jumabhoy, Herbert Smith Freehills