Wellington Liu is a partner of Tsar & Tsai Law Firm. His practice is focused on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, inbound and outbound investments, and estate and tax planning. He has consulted multinational clients on significant transactional matters across a number of practice areas and industry sectors.
He also appears in civil courts in Taiwan, and in administrative proceedings before the National Tax Administration, the Petitions and Appeals Committee of the Ministry of Finance and all levels of the Administrative Courts throughout Taiwan.
Mr. Liu is a dual-licensed attorney and a dual-licensed CPA in Taiwan and in Texas, USA. He is a frequent speaker to bar associations and professional organizations on issues relating to Taiwanese corporate and tax laws, including the American Bar Association, International Bar Association, the Inter-Pacific Bar Association and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. In 2011, the International Law Office (ILO) named him the exclusive Client Choice Award Individual Winner for M&A in Taiwan.
- Texas, USA
- Texas, USA
- National Taiwan University (B.B.A.)
- University of Texas (M.B.A.)
- University of Houston (J.D.)
- Named the exclusive International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award Individual Winner for M&A in Taiwan for 2011.
- Ranked by Tax Directors Handbook among the best 250 tax advisers in the world (TDH250) for many consecutive years since 2008.
- Taipei Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas CPA Society
- Restructuring Across Borders – Asia Pacific (Taiwan chapter), ©Allen & Overy LLP 2010
- ABA International Franchise Sales Laws, Second Edition (Taiwan chapter), ©American Bar Association 2015
- Various articles on business law, international joint ventures and tax law in Taiwan and international journals
- International Fiscal Association, National Reporter (Taiwan)
- American Bar Association, National Tax Reporter (Taiwan)
English, Mandarin Chinese