Hanim Hamzah Regional Managing Partner, ZICO law Network | Roosdiono & Partners (a member of ZICO Law)
|Tel:||+6221 2978 3888|
|Address:||The Energy, 32nd Floor
SCBD Lot 11A
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman
Kav. 52-53, Jakarta 12190
ASEAN, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Energy & Project FinanceView Law Firm Profile
Hanim is the Regional Managing Partner of the ZICO law network and heads the Corporate M&A practice group at Roosdiono & Partners.
Her 20 years of regional practice experience includes being resident in Malaysia, Japan and Indonesia where she specialised in major infrastructure project financing and M&A deals in aviation, banking, insurance, mining, oil and gas, plantations, and property. She is also well-versed in cross-border securitisation deals, structured financial products, and Islamic finance, where she has represented the interests of investors from Asia, the US, UK, and Europe in key onshore and offshore multi-currency transactions. She has been recognised as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ in Indonesia, in Corporate & Commercial, Cross Border, Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Infrastructure Finance (Islamic Finance News, 2011, 2012, 2013) as well as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ by Asia Law Profiles in 2015 and Asialaw in 2016. She has written articles and essays including ‘A Giant in the Making – Recent legal and regulatory developments for Islamic banking and finance in Indonesia’ in Guide to Islamic Banking and Finance (Imperial College Press, 2010).
Hanim’s experience in Japan includes five years in corporate and banking practices at leading Japanese law firm where she also worked on various award-winning deals as recognised by Asia Law Business Journal, AsiaLaw and Thomson Deal Watch. As the Jakarta resident partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co at its associated firm in Indonesia, Roosdiono & Partners, Hanim is frequently invited as a speaker at conferences and seminars in Asia relating to foreign direct investment in Indonesia. She also guest lectures at leading Indonesian universities and is currently the Vice President of the Malaysia Chambers Jakarta (2015-2017). In addition, Hanim has also been identified as ‘Leading Lawyer’ in Indonesia by Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2016 and a ‘Leading Lawyer’ in Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Finance by IFLR 1000 in 2017.
- Advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Barrister-at-Law of the Lincoln’s Inn, United Kingdom
- Executive Education program, NYU Stern Business School, New York, USA
- MBA (Honours) degree from University of Wales at Cardiff, United Kingdom
- LL.B (Honours) degree from Sheffield University, United Kingdom
- Leading Lawyer | M&A, Project Finance | Indonesia - IFLR 1000, 2017
- Leading Lawyer | Corporate M&A | Indonesia - Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2016
- Recommended Lawyer| Aviation | Indonesia - Legal 500, 2016
- Recommended Lawyer| Corporate and M&A| Indonesia - Legal 500, 2016
- Recommended Individual | Indonesia - Asialaw Profiles, 2015-16
- Leading Lawyer | Corporate M&A | Indonesia - Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2015