Dr. Jeanne Wang, Partner, Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
|Address:||8th Fl., 245 DunHua S. Rd., Sec. 1
Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
Taiwan, Competition & Antitrust, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Labour & EmploymentView Law Firm Profile
Dr. Jeanne Wang is a Partner with Tsar & Tsai Law Firm, specializing in antitrust law, intellectual property law, cross-border dispute resolution and employment law.
Jeanne’s work at Tsar & Tsai concentrates on assisting high tech companies on intellectual property and antitrust related disputes and high-stakes, complex litigation, both local and cross-border. As an experienced litigator, she has represented many domestic and multi-national high-tech companies and litigated patent, unfair competition, and commercial cases before all instances of courts in Taiwan and government authorities. She also has extensive experiences in assisting domestic clients with cross-border dispute resolution cases including litigation in the U.S. (ITC investigation, federal district court and court of appeal) and Europe as well as international arbitration. In addition to her litigation practice, Jeanne is very experienced in drafting and negotiating IP licenses and a variety of business contracts.
Jeanne received a Second-Grade National Award from Department of Health of Taiwan in 2005 for her assistance in helping the government obtain the compulsory license from Roche Pharmaceuticals to produce Tamiflu, the drug to cure the Avian Influenza. She is also recognized by Benchmark Litigation as one of the local dispute star in 2013 and 2014 in areas of arbitration, competition/antitrust, general commercial and intellectual property.
Because of her extensive involvement in intellectual property and antitrust matters, Jeanne is frequently invited by industry associations as a speaker on antitrust and intellectual property subjects.
Jeanne is active in the community. She currently serves as the Secretary General of Taiwan Patent Attorneys Association and the chair of the Trademark and Patent Committee of the Taipei Bar Association. She was the Standing Supervisor and Councilor of TWPAA from 2009-2011 and 2012-2015, respectively, and the Secretary General of the Recognized Group of Taiwan of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association from 2005-2011.
Before joining Tsar & Tsai, Jeanne clerked for the Chief Grand Justice of the Taiwan Constitutional Court from 1996 to 1997.
- New York
- National Taiwan University School of Law (LL.B. 1994)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M. 1996; S.J.D. 2003)
- Taipei Bar Association
- Asia Patent Attorney Association
- Taiwan Patent Attorneys Association
- American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei
- Unjust Enrichment and Patent Infringement, Taiwan Bar Journal, July, 2015.
- Exclusive on Not So Exclusive for Pfizer? Intellectual Property Law Guide, LEXIS NEXIS (2013/14).
- Comments on the Patent Act Amendment Relating to Damages Calculation in A Patent Infringement Case: From “Reasonable Royalty” in the U.S. to Adequate Royalty” in Taiwan, Taiwan Bar Journal, June, 2012.
- The Impacts of the New Intellectual Property Court in Taiwan, Financier Worldwide Magazine (co-authored with Jennifer Lin, July, 2010)
- An Examination of the Patent Linkage Mechanism in the U.S. New Drug Application Review Procedures (co-authored with Joyce Ho), Taiwan Bar Journal, March, 2009.
Mandarin Chinese, English and French