Dr. C. Y. Huang, Senior Partner, Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
|Address:||8th Fl., 245 DunHua S. Rd., Sec. 1
Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
Taiwan, Insurance & Reinsurance, International TradeView Law Firm Profile
Dr. C. Y. Huang is a senior partner with Tsar & Tsai Law Firm and has more than forty years of experience in corporate and financial law with an emphasis on representing both Taiwan and foreign clients on cross-border transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, syndicated loans, venture capital financing and other complex commercial transactions.
Dr. Huang has achieved a pre-eminent position in insurance law practice in Taiwan, having represented more than half of the foreign insurance businesses operating in Taiwan and has been the legal counsel for the Insurance Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei for many years lobbying on various insurance issues.
Dr. Huang is also one of the pioneers of Taiwan’s fair trade, customs and trade law practice. He is a member of the Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs from 1982 to 1986 responsible for drafting the Trade Act and is a member of the Trade Subcommittee of the Economic Reform Committee of the Executive Yuan in 1985.
Dr. Huang is a former law professor of National Chung Hsing University and Fu-jen Catholic University and a frequent speaker on insurance and corporate transactions for many organizations, including International Bar Association, Inter-Pacific Bar Association and Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel and has published several books on trade and commercial laws.
Dr. Huang is also an active member of various bar associations and trade organizations and is one of the founding members of the European Chamber of Commerce in Taipei.
- New York
- National Taiwan University School of Law (LL.B. 1970; LL.M. 1973)
- University of Michigan Law School (M.C.L. 1974)
- Harvard Law School (S.J.D. 1976)
- Taipei Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei
- European Chamber of Commerce in Taipei
- Multinationals in the Republic of China – Law and Policies
- Legal Aspect of IFC’s Investment in the Republic of China
- U.S. Trade Law – How to Defend ROC against U.S. Trade Protectionism
- International Commercial Law
Mandarin Chinese, English and Taiwanese Hokkien