ABOUT ACUITY LAW
Acuity Law was founded in November 2011. Acuity Law comprises of a team of young and energetic lawyers led by Souvik Ganguly, Gautam Narayan and Shankar Iyer who have deep and diverse experiences in their chosen areas of practice. We advise Indian and multinational companies, funds, banks and financial institutions, founders of companies, management teams, international law firms, domestic and international investment banks, financial advisors and government agencies in various transactions in and outside India.
Acuity Law takes pride in rendering incisive legal advice taking into consideration commercial realities. Our areas of practice are divided into three departments.
The Corporate practice is led by Souvik Ganguly, the Tax practice is led by Shankar Iyer and the Disputes practice is led by Gautam Narayan.
As part of the Corporate practice, Acuity Law advises on:
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions;
- Insolvency Law;
- Private Equity and Venture Funding;
- Employment and labour laws;
- Commercial and trading arrangements; and
- Corporate Advisory
As part of the Tax practice, Acuity Law under the leadership of Shankar Iyer advises on matters such as corporate tax and international tax relating to:
- Withholding taxation
- Double taxation avoidance agreements
- Jurisdiction analysis
- Strategies for acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, diversification or consolidation of businesses
- Inbound structuring
- Externalization structures
- Tax Due Diligences
- Group holding structures
- Distribution strategies
- Endowment planning / wealth planning strategies
As part of the Disputes practice, Acuity Law under the leadership of Gautam Narayan advises and represents clients on
domestic and cross - border:
- Civil disputes;
- Criminal law matters; and
- Arbitration matters
Acuity Law actively follows legislative and policy developments in its chosen areas of practice and shares such developments with clients and friends on a regular basis.