Webinar - India – Responding to COVID-19 – Guidance For Indian Employers.
Legal News & Analysis - Asia Pacific - India - Labour & Employment
India – Responding to COVID-19 – Guidance for Indian employers
Thursday, March 26, 2020
02:30 PM IST
In a very significant move, the Prime Minister of India announced a country wide lockdown with effect from 00:00 hours March 25, 2020 to contain the spread of Covid -19. The World Health Organization has lauded India’s efforts to prevent the spread of the global pandemic. While ‘social distancing’ seems to be a logical, reasonable, and essential tool to respond to the situation, employers in India are faced with a business continuity crisis and being challenged with the need to put in place, new and possibly creative models.
AZB & Partners, in collaboration with Conventus Law, are hosting this webinar to address common questions and concerns faced by Indian employers, particularly on:
- mandatory safety and reporting obligations and best practices to contain spread of the pandemic;
- leave, compensation, and other benefits to accommodate testing, quarantine, and recovery;
- reporting obligations and data privacy concerns;
- remote working and implications from an employment law and information security perspective; and
- redundancies, business disruption, and other practical consequences.
Moderator: Veena Gopalakrishnan (Partner, AZB & Partners)
Who should attend: In-house counsel, human resource professionals, and persons leading business continuity plans.
March 26th, 2020
14:30 to 15:05: Responding to COVID-19 – Guidance for Indian employers
15:05 to 15:15: Q&A
We look forward to welcoming you at the webinar!
Please click here to register for free.