Indonesia - BKPM To Operate The OSS System From January 2019.
Legal News & Analysis - Asia Pacific - Indonesia - Regulatory & Compliance
11 January, 2019
A joint press release issued by the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA) and the Capital Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) on 21 December, confirmed the transfer of the OSS system operation from the CMEA to BKPM. The following are some of the key points of the press release:
The OSS system services will be transferred from the CMEA to BKPM in stages.
The first transfer will be the operation of the assisted licensing services (layanan perizinan berusaha berbantuan) and the operation of the OSS system, which will take place on 2 January 2019. The assisted licensing services cover:
- OSS lounge, which provides, e.g., independent licenses services (layanan perizinan berusaha mandiri), assisted licensing services, priority licensing services and investment consultation
- OSS call center (call center 1500765)
- OSS email helpdesk
The second transfer will be the provision of the OSS system infrastructure (i.e., OSS networks, hardware, software licenses and supporting devices), which will take place on 1 March 2019.
What You Need to Do
The following are some immediate pointers:
- There are likely to be glitches during the transfer, so clients should monitor the process to determine issues and upgrades in the OSS system. Having a periodical follow-up with BKPM officials is recommended.
- Given the OSS system will be operated by BKPM, we are not sure what will happen with certain business licenses that are still processed under BKPM's One Stop Integrated Services (PTSP-BKPM) (based on BKPM Regulation 6, see our client alert here). Clients whose business licenses are still issued by PTSP-BKPM should monitor the OSS system to determine its coverage.
- Sectoral ministries may issue additional regulations, so we advise clients to also monitor their relevant sectoral ministries' sites.
For further information, please contact:
Daniel RPC Pardede, Partner, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners