FT ASEAN Economic Summit
Legal News & Analysis – Asia Pacific - ASEAN
15 October, 2015
The Financial Times will host its second ASEAN Economic Summit at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur on 22 October, at a pivotal time for the region. China’s recent stock market crash has triggered global turbulence; emerging market currencies have fallen to levels not seen since 2002; and the Chinese economy is growing at its slowest pace in over two decades, affecting nations with close trade and investment links to the country.
The FT ASEAN Economic Summit, titled ‘Policies and Strategies for an Integrated Market’, will gather the brightest minds and most influential decision makers from finance, government and business, and provide a platform for them to share their views and insights on preparing for ASEAN's coming economic integration.
Topics will include ASEAN’s institutional structure and ability to maintain an effective Economic Community, strategies for reversing the region's historically low productivity rates, the impact of foreign trade and investment flows, and the extent to which ASEAN can weather external factors such as the fall in global oil prices.
Participants will have the chance to network and interact with senior representatives from governments, corporates and financial institutions from across ASEAN and beyond, and with journalists from the Financial Times.
An exclusive, on-stage keynote interview with Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, Group President and CEO of Maybank, will explore the opportunities and challenges presented by ASEAN integration, and what these changes mean for Maybank and others looking to grow their footprint and reach in southeast Asian markets.
Additional speakers will include:
- Amit Banati, President, Asia Pacific of Kellogg Company
- Sam Fischer, President, Greater China and Asia of Diageo
- Douglas Foo, Founder and Executive Chairman of Sakae Holdings
- Tadashi Maeda, Representative Director and Senior Managing Director of Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Jayant Menon, Lead Economist (Trade and Regional Cooperation), Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department of Asian Development Bank
- Christoph Mueller, CEO of Malaysia Airlines
- Stefano Poli, President and Managing Director of Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Corporation Asia
- Alexander Rusli, President Director and CEO of Indosat
- Bala Swaminathan, President and General Manager of Westpac International
- Soulysak Thamnuvong, Deputy Secretary General of Lao Securities Commission
Conventus Law will be media partners at this event, all Conventus Law members will recieve 25% discount on tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your promotional code. For further information and registration, please visit live.ft.com/FTASEAN