August 2018 International Trade Compliance Update.
Legal News & Analysis - Asia Pacific - International Trade
7 September, 2018
Welcome to the August 2018 edition of Baker McKenzie's International Trade Compliance Update.
The highlights of this Update are:
- WTO – trade policy reviews of China and Israel, new disputes, post-Brexit commitments from the UK, 232 investigations, TBT notifications
- WCO: 2018 SAFE Framework of Standards
- Asia Pacific FTA update
- China – retaliatory tariffs, launch of specialized commercial courts in two cities
- India – WTO notifications, examination of duties on electronic transmissions
- Thailand – identification of cosmetic manufacturers
- Vietnam – new competition law
- EU and EFTA – Union Customs Code regulation revised, provisional safeguards on certain steel products, EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (FTA), EU-China Summit update, Maldives sanctions
Please click here for the full report.
For further information, please contact:
Stuart P. Seidel, Baker & McKenzie