Suganthi Singam - Partner - Shearn Delamore & Co
|Tel:||+603 2027 2829|
|Address:||7th Floor, Wisma
No.1, Leboh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur,
Shearn Delamore & Co
Malaysia, Labour & EmploymentView Law Firm Profile
- Employment & Administrative Law
- Immigration (Head)
Employment related legal issues and workplace strategic areas, addressing both contentious and non-contentious matters. In particular for newly incorporated companies and foreign investments in Malaysia, she advises on the drafting of employment agreements, policies and handbooks. She also trains employers to manage misconduct issues and poor performance in employees, advises on issues relating to employee stock option schemes, share awards, prepares panel members for domestic inquiries and trains personnel on how to conduct domestic inquiries.
For corporate acquisitions and mergers, Suganthi provides strategic guidance in dealing with the employment issues that arise. She provides legal counsel in relation to business acquisitions, reorganisations, voluntary and mutual separation schemes, harmonisation of employment terms and retention of key management. In relation to workplace risk management and safety, she provides legal advice on occupational health and safety issues as well as sexual harassment policies and procedures. She also handles trade union recognition issues, labour disputes and strikes.
Suganthi additionally provides legal counsel across a wide range of immigration matters including applications for employment passes and professional visit passes. She has represented employers for the full sphere of employment related disputes. She has been involved in hearings at all levels of the courts ranging from the Labour Court, Industrial Court, High Court, Court of Appeal to the Federal Court.
- LL.B (Hons), University of Manchester
- LL.M, University of Malaya
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Malaysia (1996)
- Malaysian Bar
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Malaysian Chapter for Global Mobility: An Overview for Human Resource Professionals 2015 (3rd edition)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Chambers Asia Pacific (2017) - One of the “Leaders in their Field” in Employment and Industrial Relations
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2016 and 2017) - a “Recommended Lawyer” in Labour and Employment