Dr. Joyce Ho, Partner, Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
|Address:||8th Fl., 245 DunHua S. Rd., Sec. 1
Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
Taiwan, Competition & Antitrust, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Telecommunications, Media & TechnologyView Law Firm Profile
Dr. Joyce Ho is a partner with Tsar & Tsai Law Firm and is the Director of Tsar & Tsai’s IP Practice Group. Joyce specializes in intellectual property law, antitrust law, technology law, dispute resolution and international transaction and investment.
Joyce’s practice focuses on assisting clients in high tech industries on patent and trademark right protection and infringement disputes. As an expert in antitrust and unfair competition laws, Joyce’s IP practice also concentrates on assisting clients in litigations relating to abuse of patent rights and advising clients on litigation strategies for defense against allegation of infringement or violation of patent rights and licensing.
Joyce’s prior work also includes assisting clients on customs issues relating to counterfeiting products and has assisted numerous clients on foreign litigations relating to customs seizure relating to patent disputes.
Joyce is regularly consulted by relevant government agencies and various industry associations on patent right protection and antitrust issues and a frequent speaker for seminars hosted by industry associations on protection of IP rights and strategies for IP right disputes.
Joyce is an active member in the legal community. She was the Director, Supervisor of the Taipei Bar Association, and serves as the Chair of Trademark Committee of Taiwan Patent Attorney Association and is an international councilor and co-chairperson of the Anti-counterfeiting Committee of Asia Patent Attorneys Association.
- National Taiwan University Law School (LL.B. 1991; LL.M. 1994; Ph.D. 2003)
- University of Washington Law School (LL.M. 1998)
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taiwan Patent Attorney Association
- Asia Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- The Relationship between Patent Law and Competition Law (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Copyright Infringement on Internet – The Comparison Study between R.O.C. and U.S.
- Legal Issues Regarding Patent Pool Under Competition Law (Fair Trade Quarterly)
- Legal Issues Regarding Setting Technical Standards (Taiwan Bar Journal)
- The Study on BOT Model Adopted in Public Construction (Taipei Bar Journal)
Mandarin Chinese, English