Kirkland & Ellis - China
Kirkland & Ellis Asia
Our goal is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective legal services available anywhere.
- More than 70 lawyers in our offices in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
- 50% are fluent in Chinese.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of complex transactional matters throughout Asia, the United States and Europe.
Ranked by legal directories as a “Leading Law Firm” in 2015 in the following practice areas:
Private Equity: Asia-Pacific Region & China/Hong Kong
M&A: Asia-Pacific Region & China/Hong Kong
Capital Markets: China / Hong Kong
Investment Funds: Private Equity: Asia-Pacific Region & China/Hong Kong
Bank & Finance : China Hong Kong
Corporate Investigations: China/Hong Hong
Energy & Infrastructure: China
- Extensive experience representing financial sponsors and their affiliates in multi-jurisdictional leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, fund formations and other complex private equity transactions in Asia.
- Clients and experience cut across every major industry, and we have substantial experience and capability in executing complex transactions.
- Widely regarded as the most experienced team of senior M&A lawyers of any international firm in Asia, covering the full range of transformational transactional work in Hong Kong and the PRC.
- Extensive experience representing public and private companies and financial advisers in all aspects of M&A, including negotiated as well as unsolicited acquisitions, going private transactions, stock‑for‑stock acquisitions, spin-off transactions, acquisitions of minority interests, management buyouts and other leveraged acquisitions.
- Represents issuer and underwriters in a variety of U.S. and Hong Kong capital markets transactions including IPOs and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of equity, debt and convertibles securities
- Established track-record working with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, allowing us to quickly and effectively clear SEC/SFC/exchange comments during the offering process.
- Market-leading capabilities representing global firms in the formation of and investments in funds focused on Asian investments in a variety of asset classes
- Serves clients in connection with the organization and operation of buyout, growth-equity, venture, real estate, infrastructure, energy, credit, mezzanine, private equity and hedge funds, as well as their respective management companies.
- Part of one of the largest and most experienced private funds practices in the world.
- One of the most experienced teams in Asia in complex restructurings, workouts and defaults
- An established track record of getting the deal done quickly and commercially in a wide range of jurisdictions and industry sectors across the Asia-Pacific region
- The team’s service philosophy ensures clients receive clear, concise and practical advice, based on in-depth knowledge of the local, regulatory and commercial environments in which they operate.
- Leading Asia debt finance team advises on a wide variety of complex international cross-border banking and finance transactions, particularly in the areas of leveraged and event-driven finance, corporate acquisition finance and general capital raising through the capital markets and loan markets.
- The team advises both borrowers / issuers (including private equity funds and their portfolio companies) and lenders / underwriters.
- Advises on all areas of FCPA practice, including defense, due diligence review, internal investigations, and counseling and compliance work.
- Has settled more corporate FCPA matters than any other firm since January 2010, many of which involved issues in China and Asia.